The demo plays a crucial part in the application process. Not only does it determine whether you get the job, it also plays a part in the pay that you’ll be offered. So it’s worth taking a little time to prepare!
- The demo used to be 30 minutes long with a real student. Now it’s 10 minutes long with a recruiter acting as a young student.
- You will have access to the demo material around 24 hours before your class.
- With DaDa you don’t need to finish all the slides, go at the students pace.
What are DaDa looking for?
- Use of TPR – You can find out some of the top TPR poses here: https://youtu.be/hx0TwzgnFFA
- Use of props – Invest in a cheap puppet, steal some of your kids toys or grab some things from around the house!
- People who look the part – If possible, make your background educational and appealing. Wear light blue if you have it and add the DaDa logo to your background for brownie points! You can find the logo and a name poster for free here: Click for DaDa Logo and Name Poster
- Technical requirements – make sure you have strong, stable internet and that you can be seen and heard clearly. If you’re not sure, try out a Skype call with a friend (or me if you used my referral link).
- Friendly teachers – don’t forget to smile, give lots of praise and award those stars!
- Expand the lesson – ask extra questions, get the student involved, add songs and games that go with the lesson.
If you’d like more tips watch my video about the demo lesson.
If you’re not feeling too confident navigating your way around the classroom, this guided tour of the classroom should help!: https://youtu.be/nLXpl4qjI2Q
If you think you’re ready to take the plunge and apply for DaDa I’d love it if you used my link! It’s free for you and in return I can help you throughout the process! If you have any questions head over to my contact page and send me a message!
APPLY HERE: http://bit.ly/theonlineenglishclassroom